Sunday, December 6, 2015

Photographer #11: Nathaniel Chadwick

In one of my previous posts, I mentioned the photographer from SNL, so I thought it fitting to revisit NBC and take a look at the work of the Tonight Show photographer, Nathaniel Chadwick. For some background on his life,
“I’m a self-taught photographer, I grew up in Texas and photography was just a hobby for me for a long time. I used to work in aviation when I was in college then started offering my services as a photographer for money when I got laid off from my aviation job and needed money to pay for school. After I graduated college I decided that instead of getting a 9-to-5 job right away I wanted to try to pursue photography as a career, so I moved to Los Angeles to try to become an entertainment/celebrity portrait photographer. I lived in LA for three years working my way up from an internship to assisting big-time photographers to shooting for myself and working with a lot of the movie and TV studios in Los Angeles. I met a lot of great people along the way and a few that gave me some big breaks and opportunities. I moved from LA to New York last year and continued shooting, most recently a national campaign for the Weather Channel. When the position opened for The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon one of my mentors back in Los Angeles, Patrick Ecclesine who is an amazing photographer, taught me a lot and got me to where I am today recommended me for the job, and here I am today.”
163A6140.jpgBrian Cranston

No comments:

Post a Comment