Sunday, October 11, 2015

Photographer #4: Neil Leifer

I am an avid sports fan, and if I wasn't so invested in my current major, I would more than likely be a sports journalism major. What I find so amazing about sports photography is the amount of skill (and more than likely luck as well) that it takes to get the iconic images we are so familiar with after the game is over. For this post I chose one of the most well known sports photographers, Neil Leifer. Niel managed to have his first cover shot at the age of 19, which is something many photographers only dream of.  He has worked for both Time and Sports Illustrated in his career, and is known for his iconic images, like that of Muhammad Ali over the recently KO'd Sonny Liston. His shots always manage to capture the best moments in all their clarity, and for that I will always love his work.

No comments:

Post a Comment